NOT FOR ADOPTION: Spokesmodel and Cover Girl for Wonderland Rabbit Rescue - Alice. Because every Wonderland needs an Alice!
Who We Are!!!!
Wonderland Rabbit Rescue is a small family and foster based rescue of rabbits and other small furries. WRR is the brain child of Founders Barb and Gerald Douyard. Barb and Jerry were married for 30 years together, having their own house rabbits for 15 years before deciding to start the rescue business. They started off with two mini rexes named Ophelia and Gilbert. As inexperienced bun people, they didn't get them altered in time and they were blessed with an unexpected litter of six!!! In order to get help adopting the babies they started volunteering and fostering for a local rabbit rescue. To honor each bunny that has lived in their hearts, they decided to open their own rescue and try to give bunnies that are in bad situations or just need a different home, find that special forever person that will adore them forever like they have theirs.
In October, 2020, the beautiful Barb passed away just after her and Jerry's 30th wedding anniversary. Jerry was determined to keep the rescue going in her memory, and continues to give love to all the bunnies that he knows Barb would want to save if she could keep doing her work down here. But it's a lot easier to know now that the ones we've lost are going up to see Shelter Mommy.
Wonderland continues to be a labor of love and is nothing without it's team of family, friends, volunteers, and partners.
- Nic and Nicole Roman, Directors, Volunteers and Bunny Slaves
- Lisa Rutledge, volunteer, vegetable donator (very important to the bunnies!),
- Peg Nelson Darnell, friend, event assistant, and Reiki healer (as well as Kenny's favorite person in the world!)
- Dave Ginsberg, Tiffany Hillen, and their two daughters, volunteers, web support, and so much more.
- Missy Shimsky, bringer of the kibble, backbone when times get tough, and a dear friend.
- Sheryl Schimdt, adopter of Maddy, bun sitting client, good friend and always there to support us and make us laugh.
- Tia Ray, Barb's personal assistant and taker of the mantle, artist, "the one who emails for Jerry".
- "Adopted" Daughter Livia and Alexandra
- Volunteers Zack, Bonnie, Treena, Julianna, Alex, Robin, Dawn, Elizabeth, Sarah, Samantha
Our dear and special friends in local dog and cat Rescue and Shelters.
Debbie and Staff at MACS who allow us to take in their rabbits and small animals and find them homes.
ACOs in all our surrounding cities who bear with us as we take more bunnies than we know we should but help us out as often as they can.
The Everson Family of Doctor Doog's Bunny Pharm and Flophouse who are endlessly generous to us and the bunnies.
Sherwood Pet Health for their continued support and expertise.
Nathan Oberski of The Bunny Barn for the beautiful sanctuary pods and overall being a dependable friend.
Annie-Laurie Hunter of Hunter Hollow Bunny Bed and Breakfast for being a loyal friend and a boundless source of knowledge.
Everyday we learn more about rabbits from our friends:
Amy Gregory Mott, Clover Patch Sanctuary, Tennessee
Cindies Hiphoppinhares Rabbitry, in Atlanta Georgia
and many many many more!
And to all our Facebook Friends we wouldn't be here doing what we are doing without all your encouragement, friendship, and continued support. Love to you all.